November 17, 2011 - Winds of Change: Part 2
The severe economic condition that has touched all of us in various ways is now nearing the 3 ½ year mark. In spite of what those in government and big business are saying, this recession continues to affect an overwhelming large number of businesses and people. Those that have (to date) survived have done so with lots of sacrifice and hard, diligent work. However, even now, that is not enough for everyone to survive to and through an anticipated recovery period.
With that being said, there are now 2 more changes at hand:
During the changes that occurred to our services offering during May/June of this year, our hosting services remained unchanged and untouched. However, with the continuing financial storm at hand, our hosting services will now be affected. However, the pricing of the remaining hosting services will not change.
• By December 31, 2011, our hosting servers will be shut down.
• Email and web hosting will be migrated to a new service during December.
• Email and web hosting will be located in data centers with 24/7 monitoring with failover systems in place.
• We will no longer host websites with Microsoft SQL server databases.
• We will no longer host eCommerce websites
• We will no longer offer direct FTP access for website updates. There will be a process in place to replace this, and each client that currently uses this will be informed what that process is.
• We will no longer offer separate FTP hosting.
• We will no longer be offering eMail Gateway services. Each client will be notified of alternatives.
LABOR RATES - This will be the first rate increase in 3 years.
Each client will be contacted individually next week (week of November 21 to 25) as to how the above changes will directly affect them.
We thank you for your understanding and continued patronage during these troubling financial times. Please contact us with any questions, comments or concerns about these changes.
Sincerely, John Tolmachoff Owner